Monday, September 15, 2008

Greenthumbs event @ East Coast Park

This event was organised by National Parks Board. It launches the new certification system via workforce skills qualifications body.

My fellow classmates and myself attended this event mainly to take part in the floral arrangement competition. This was my first time taking part in a floral arrangement competition. My main objective is not to win but to gain experience in competition and see what other floral arrangers create in their arrangements.

There were 2 designs that had to be done: a hand bouquet and a table arrangement. We were given a set of flowers to use for each design and have to complete in one hour for each.

I was quite lost when I first saw the flowers given to me and I did not know how I should create each design. Trial and error a few times before I created something. These are the designs which I had completed.

The photo below was the winner's floral arrangement. I'm impressed with his works.



No comments: