Friday, October 26, 2007

My first lesson: Dome floral arrangement.

I started my 1st lesson immediately after signing up for my basic course. A set of tools and coursebook were given to me and I am required to bring them for my lessons.

June introduced me to different flower bases such as porcelin and glass. I was going to do a dome shape floral arrangement that day.

Preparation is required prior to doing the arrangement.

Container

Refers to pot, vases etc... A porcelin round pot was selected for this arrangement.


Floral foam

The foral foam has to be well soak in water and cut to the size of the container's opening. Once the foam is soaked, it has to be kept soaked until it is required for use.

Floral food

A spoonful of floral food has to be added into water. It gives nutrients to flowers and help to preserve the flowers

Carnations were selected for this arrangement. The stems were cut to equal length with the height of the pot. 5 stalks were used as the main skeleton of arrangement before the rest of the stalks were inserted in. Leaves were next to put in to fill up the empty spaces followed by filler flowers. The leaves used were salal leaf and bamboo. The filler flowers used were statice.

I also put in some ribbons but I need more practice in tying the ribbons. I feel that I'm not very good in making ribbons.

As I did not prepared anything for my 1st lesson, I got help for my classmate to have my picture of my first project taken. I will post the picture when I receive my picture from her.

No comments: